Defenses Against Adverse Audit Findings
Want to push back against your auditors, but worried about receiving a qualified opinion? In this session, we will discuss audit resolution from top to bottom – from responding to draft findings through formal appeal proceedings. This webinar will provide plenty of examples and discussion of best practices (and things to avoid!).
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Review legal support within the Uniform Grant Guidance (2 CFR Part 200), the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), and the General Education Provisions Act(GEPA) for various options in challenging audit findings;
- Discuss appeal timelines and the framework for audit resolution and administrative hearings;
- Learn about cooperative audit resolution –both past and present.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.