Transgender Topics – A Timely Webinar on “Recipient” Obligations Under Title IX in Light of the Administration’s New Guidance Letter and Dueling NC Lawsuits
June 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM
By: Michael Brustein, Esq., Leigh Manasevit, Esq., and Jennifer Segal, Esq.
Course Description: News of lawsuits, enforcement notices, and the issuance of the U.S. Department of Education and U.S. Department of Justice’s Dear Colleague Letter on Transgender Students have pushed practices and policies concerning transgender students and Title IX requirements into the limelight. This webinar will provide an overview of federal fund recipient’s Title IX obligations, the relationship between transgender students and Title IX and possible enforcement actions and procedural rights.
- $225 for Live Webinar
- $225 for Online Recording (available via internet, no CPE credits awarded)
- $325 for both Live Webinar and Online Recording
Click HERE to register
CPE Credits: 1.0 (Details Below)
Who Will Benefit: This webinar is of value to all federal granting recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, District, and School Personnel
- Higher Education Personnel
- Program Monitors
- Private School Officials
- Attendees will learn about the relationship between transgender students and Title IX
- Attendees will learn about what entities are responsible for complying with Title IX
- Attendees will learn about pass-through entities’ responsibilities for ensuring subrecipient compliance with Title IX
- Attendees will learn about State’s Methods of Administration responsibilities under Perkins and how those responsibilities are tied to Title IX
- Attendees will learn about how federal dollars are linked to Title IX compliance
- Attendees will learn about recipient’s, beneficiaries’ and the federal government’s enforcement options and procedural rights under Title IX
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to any webinar to receive a full refund.
Duration: 60 minutes of presentation then time for questions (no longer than 90 minutes total)
CPE Credits: 1 CPE Credits awarded upon completion of the audio conference (as verified through attendee participation checks throughout the webinar) and post-conference survey
The CPE credit(s) may be accepted as continuing legal education credits or other applicable credits in your state; however, attendees are responsible for their own credit approval and for meeting any state requirements. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC makes no guarantee or assurance that the CPE credits received will apply to any other program or state requirements.
Where: Your office or conference room, per internet connection
Recommended Field of Study: Administrative Practice
Program Knowledge: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.