Final Title IX Rule – Implications for Institutions and School Districts
This virtual training will outline the requirements of the new final rule on sexual harassment and assault under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. This new rule will require, at institutions of higher education, courtroom-like adjudicatory hearings where designated representatives for both parties would be able to call and cross-examine witnesses. These hearings would be optional for K-12 schools. Additionally, the new rule changes the standard of what constitutes sexual harassment and requires recipients of federal funds to train personnel to evaluate evidence, implement the “rape shield” law, and make decisions on one of two standards of evidence. Implications for educational entities, pushback, and major requirements to be implemented before the coming school year will all be covered.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the webinar, attendees will learn:
- Requirements for standards of evidence
- Requirements for adjudicatory hearings
- The choices that entities will need to make regarding standards of evidence, procedures, and staff duties
- Distinctions between the impact on K-12 districts and institutions of higher education
- Recommendations for compliance and priorities for provisions to implement in time for the 2020-2021 school year
- Reaction and potential challenges
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.