February 22, 2017 at 1:00pm EDT
The new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) makes several changes to the Title III program, changes that the United States Department of Education recently aimed to clarify by recently issuing non-regulatory guidance. School districts must understand these changes in order to prepare for and implement the new law in a compliant manner. This webinar will analyze the changes to the Title III program, including changes related to fiscal issues, reporting, and accountability. Close attention will be paid to the recently issued guidance, its authority, and its impact on the Title III program. Attendees will be provided advice on how to address transition to the new law.
- $225.00 for Live Webinar
- $225.00 for Online Recording (available via internet, no CPE credits awarded)
- $325.00 for both Live Webinar and Online Recording
Click here to register
CPE Credits: 1.5 (Details Below)
Who Will Benefit: This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, District and School Personnel
- Program Monitors
- Attendees will learn about ESSA changes in accountability and parental notification provisions regarding ELs and the shift of these provisions from Title III to Title I.
- Attendees will learn about ESSA’s requirements that States set uniform exit/entry criteria and timeline requirements for assessing students for EL status.
- Attendees will learn about ESSA’s changes to mandatory and allowable uses of Title III funds.
- Attendees will learn about Title III reporting requirements under ESSA.
- Attendees will become familiar with the United States Department of Education’s Non-Regulatory Guidance: English Learners and Title III of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and its impact on the Title III program.
- Attendees will be provided advice on how to prepare for the transition for the Title III program from NCLB to ESSA.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to any webinar to receive a full refund.
Duration: 75 minutes of presentation then time for questions (no longer than 90 minutes total).
CPE Credits: 1.5 CPE Credits awarded upon completion of the audio conference (as verified through attendee participation checks throughout the webinar) and post-conference survey.
The CPE credit(s) may be accepted as continuing legal education credits or other applicable credits in your state; however, attendees are responsible for their own credit approval and for meeting any state requirements. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC makes no guarantee or assurance that the CPE credits received will apply to any other program or state requirements.
Where: Your office or conference room, per internet connection
Recommended Field of Study: Administrative Practice
Program Knowledge Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.