June 22, 2017 at 1:00pm EDT
Course Description: This webinar examines the role of the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR) and what to expect if your agency or school becomes the subject of a civil rights complaint or investigation. We will review current trends and discuss what administrators need to know in terms of receiving, responding to, and resolving complaints filed with OCR.
- $235.00 for Live Webinar
- $235.00 for Online Recording (available via internet, no CPE credits awarded)
- $340.00 for both Live Webinar and Online Recording
Click HERE to register
CPE Credits: 1.5 (Details Below)
Who Will Benefit: This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- School administrators
- State, district, school, nonprofit personnel
By the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Attendees will learn how to avoid liability by learning Section 504 obligations, regulations and guidance.
- Attendees will learn about the OCR investigative process.
- Attendees will learn how to respond and investigate OCR complaints.
- Attendees will learn about common Section 504 implementation pitfalls.
- Attendees will be equipped with helpful tips and strategies to ensure compliance with Section 504 and avoid costly investigations.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to any webinar to receive a full refund.
Duration: 75 minutes of presentation then time for questions (no longer than 90 minutes total).
CPE Credits: 1.5 CPE Credits awarded upon completion of the audio conference (as verified through attendee participation checks throughout the webinar) and post-conference survey.
The CPE credit(s) may be accepted as continuing legal education credits or other applicable credits in your state; however, attendees are responsible for their own credit approval and for meeting any state requirements. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC makes no guarantee or assurance that the CPE credits received will apply to any other program or state requirements.
Where: Your office or conference room, per internet connection
Recommended Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge – Technical
Program Knowledge Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.