November 8, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Course Description: The requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) can be a minefield and due process complaints and monitoring findings cost school districts thousands of dollars in unnecessary expenses. During this presentation, participants will learn about the most common issues found in complaints and monitoring visits and acquire best practices in order to avoid them. Issues include child find responsibilities, appropriateness of a student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP), discipline practices and more.
- $235.00 for Live Webinar
- $235.00 for Online Recording (available via internet, no CPE credits awarded)
- $340.00 for both Live Webinar and Online Recording
Click HERE to register
CPE Credits: 1.5 (Details Below)
Who Will Benefit: This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district, school, nonprofit personnel
- Program monitors
- Special education directors
By the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Obtain an enhanced understanding of the requirements under IDEA.
- Acquire new methods to strengthen the LEA’s or school’s special education program.
- Learn the importance of maintaining accurate, current and complete student records and documentation to demonstrate compliance.
- Gain practical knowledge in how to better serve students with disabilities under IDEA.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to any webinar to receive a full refund.
Duration: 75 minutes of presentation then time for questions (no longer than 90 minutes total).
CPE Credits: 1.5 CPE Credits awarded upon completion of the audio conference (as verified through attendee participation checks throughout the webinar) and post-conference survey.
The CPE credit(s) may be accepted as continuing legal education credits or other applicable credits in your state; however, attendees are responsible for their own credit approval and for meeting any state requirements. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC makes no guarantee or assurance that the CPE credits received will apply to any other program or state requirements.
Where: Your office or conference room, per internet connection
Recommended Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge – Technical
Program Knowledge Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.