Federal Funding and Policy Updates
This webinar will follow the appropriations and budgeting process and progress in the new Congress. From total non-defense allocations to accounts to program levels, the session will identify all portions and timelines of the appropriations process and note the current status of education and relevant programs.
Additionally, the webinar will describe current proposals for federal funding from the White House as well as Congressional Democrats and Republicans, and will examine the potential weight of each, as well as what compromises might be made. It will also note long-term sticking points like sequestration and budget process or accounting changes.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
By the end of the webinar, attendees will:
- Learn the portions of the federal budget and appropriations process.
- Review various proposals from the White House and both parties in Congress with respect to education (and related) funding.
- Understand the interests and potential compromises between the various parties.
- Discuss existing and established funding levels for major education programs, as applicable.
- Hear about potential pitfalls for the appropriations bill – including sequestration and proposed modifications to the overall budget and appropriations process.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.