March 17, 2016 at 1:00pm EDT
Course Description: The new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) will require States and school districts to implement new systems of accountability for student subgroups and schools. This webinar will lay out the new requirements for assessments under ESSA, the kind of accountability and intervention systems States will be expected to establish, and how individual subgroups and schools will be identified for interventions. Attendees will also learn about areas where the U.S. Department of Education is required to issue regulations on this topic, and where States will have the final word. Finally, the webinar will cover the transition from No Child Left Behind to ESSA, including what ED has said so far on how States and districts should plan to make the switch.
- $225.00 for Live Webinar
- $225.00 for Online Recording (available via internet, no CPE credits awarded)
- $325.00 for both Live Webinar and Online Recording
Click HERE to register
CPE Credits: 1.5 (Details Below)
Who Will Benefit: This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, District and School Personnel
- Program Monitors
- Attendees will learn about the requirements under ESSA for State assessments.
- Attendees will learn about the new requirements for accountability systems.
- Attendees will be able to identify the schools and subgroups for which interventions will be required under the new law.
- Attendees will be able to contrast relevant areas of the law where ED will issue regulations and areas where ED is prohibited from creating further requirements.
- Attendees will receive a summary of current guidance relevant to the transition to new assessment and accountability systems.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to any webinar to receive a full refund.
Duration: 75 minutes of presentation then time for questions (no longer than 90 minutes total).
CPE Credits: 1.5 CPE Credits awarded upon completion of the audio conference (as verified through attendee participation checks throughout the webinar) and post-conference survey.
The CPE credit(s) may be accepted as continuing legal education credits or other applicable credits in your state; however, attendees are responsible for their own credit approval and for meeting any state requirements. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC makes no guarantee or assurance that the CPE credits received will apply to any other program or state requirements.
Where: Your office or conference room, per internet connection
Recommended Field of Study: Administrative Practice
Program Knowledge Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.