June 23, 2016 at 1:00pm Eastern
Course Description: The new Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) strengthens the equitable services provisions placing many new obligations on states and school districts. There are important changes with respect to how the proportional share of funds for equitable service must be calculated and spent, which topics must be discussed as part of the consultation process with private schools, what documentation must be maintained and how these requirements must be monitored and enforced. This webinar will provide an overview of the equitable services changes under Title I and Title VIII. Attendees will also learn about the status of the U.S. Department of Education regulations on any of these topics and will be provided advice on how to address transition.
- $225.00 for Live Webinar
- $225.00 for Online Recording (available via internet, no CPE credits awarded)
- $325.00 for both Live Webinar and Online Recording
Click HERE to register
CPE Credits: 1.5 (Details Below)
Who Will Benefit: This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, District and School Personnel
- Program Monitors
- Third-Party Service Providers
- Private School Officials
- Attendees will learn about changes to what must be discussed during the consultation process with private school officials.
- Attendees will learn about the new state by-pass option, whereby private school officials may request the state to provide equitable services.
- Attendees will learn about new documentation requirements and other enhanced monitoring and enforcement requirements.
- Attendees will be provided advice on how to prepare for the transition from NCLB to ESSA on these issues.
- Attendees will learn about changes to how the proportionate share of funds for equitable services must be calculated and spent.
- Attendees will learn about the new requirement for states to designate a state-level ombudsman to monitor and enforce equitable services requirements.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to any webinar to receive a full refund.
Duration: 75 minutes of presentation then time for questions (no longer than 90 minutes total).
CPE Credits: 1.5 CPE Credits awarded upon completion of the audio conference (as verified through attendee participation checks throughout the webinar) and post-conference survey.
The CPE credit(s) may be accepted as continuing legal education credits or other applicable credits in your state; however, attendees are responsible for their own credit approval and for meeting any state requirements. Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC makes no guarantee or assurance that the CPE credits received will apply to any other program or state requirements.
Where: Your office or conference room, per internet connection
Recommended Field of Study: Administrative Practice
Program Knowledge Level: Overview
Advanced Preparation: None
Delivery Method: Group-Internet Based
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.