EDGAR Book Training for Beginners
This virtual training will review the major sections of 2 CFR Part 200 – Uniform Administrative Cost Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (the Uniform Guidance, or UGG). The sections discussed in the training include the allowable cost principles, financial management, procurement, inventory management, time and effort, documentation and internal controls, and subrecipient monitoring. On August 13, 2020, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) published revisions to the UGG that amended existing sections and added sections. The revisions became effective on November 12, 2020. This training will discuss the UGG as amended by these revisions.
Attendees will be shipped a copy of the updated EDGAR book. In order to ensure that the books arrive at a timely manner, the registration cutoff date will be February 11, 2021.
10+ Attendees qualify for a 10% group discount. For assistance with group discounts, email us at email@example.com.
Cancellations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to any virtual training to receive a full refund.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
- What updates have been made to the UGG by the OMB revisions
- What are the general administrative requirements for managing a federal award
- What are the requirements to ensure grant recipients properly spend federal award money
- How to determine whether a cost is allowable
- What are the requirements to ensure all procurements made with federal funds are compliant with the federal rules on procurement
- What documentation is needed to ensure compliant time and effort
- How to build and maintain strong internal controls to prevent the mismanagement of federal awards
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.