COVID Flexibilities and How to Avoid Audit Findings
This virtual training will review audit findings from prior disaster relief audits and discuss applicability to current COVID-19 allowability issues and concerns. The session will discuss how best to document and address OMB’s COVID flexibilities approved by ED to avoid audit findings and provide best practices as to how States, districts and IHEs can implement internal controls to assure allowability while reducing the risk of fraud, waste, and abuse of current federal funds.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
- The flexibilities permitted from the U.S. Department of Education and Office of Management and Budget related to COVID-19;
- How to ensure charges to federal grants are allowable and meet related documentation requirements and flexibility;
- Be provided recommendations for internal controls based on prior disaster relief audits that can reduce the risk of fraud, waste and abuse of current federal funds.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.