COVID-19’s Impact on Federal Education Grants Allowability
This virtual training will address the recent COVID guidance from the U.S. Department of Education and the Office of Management and Budget. It will address issues related to the allowability of costs in light of school closures, cancellations, etc. Topics include, but are not limited to, time and effort documentation, travel and cancellation expenses, period of allowability waivers, etc.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
- Understand recent guidance related to COVID-19 from the U.S. Department of Education and Office of Management and Budget.
- Learn about charging staff to federal grants during school closures and related documentation requirements and flexibility.
- Appreciate the options regarding charging cancellations (conference fees, plane tickets, other expenses) to federal grants; and
- Be provided information on period of availability waivers related to unspent funds in light of the COVID-19 disruption.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.