ARPA…Too Much or Not Enough: Key Differences and What to Make of This New Round of Spending
Congress has once again passed stimulus legislation to pour $180 billion of new money into schools at the K-12 and higher education levels. But the new money in the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) comes with new set of conditions, and new requirements for States, districts, and institutions. Private schools will see a new round of funding through the State, States and districts will have to follow new “maintenance of equity” requirements, and colleges and universities will have to navigate new conditions on funding – as well as modifications to the 90/10 rule. With two opportunities to attend, this webinar will help delineate between the requirements in each stimulus, how money should be spent, and what to watch out for in the coming months. It will also cover key debates on the House and Senate floor and how those could impact policymaking as well as compliance and monitoring.
Who Will Benefit?
This webinar is of value to all federal granting agencies, federal grant recipients, and everyone who works with federal grants, including:
- Grant and program administrators
- Grant program staff
- State, district and school personnel
- Program monitors
What Will You Learn?
- Hear an overview of the ARPA legislation and key provisions
- Learn new requirements for planning and financing
- Be able to compare and contrast provisions among stimulus bills, including Maintenance of Effort and allowable uses of funds
- Know how funding and services to private schools are to be provided under the new law
- Understand key pressure points between the administration and Congress, as revealed in House and Senate floor debate
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education (CPE) on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: http://www.learningmarket.org.