The NEW Administrator and Provider’s Guide to the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act
NOW Available in print and eBook formats! To Order, Click Here!!
About the book…
On July 22, 2014, the President signed into law the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Title II of the WIOA reauthorizes the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act (AEFLA). The New Administrator’s and Provider’s Guide will be a comprehensive compilation, including:
- The text of the Act;
- An analysis of each section of the Act;
- An overview of how the AEFLA interfaces with the other titles of the WIOA under the unified plans/ combined state plans;
- The text of the relevant parts of the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR) (Part 76 on State Administered Programs);
- The text of the new and final guidance from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Omni Circular: “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards”; and
- A side-by-side comparison of the language of the former AEFLA and the reauthorized AEFLA.
The Department of Labor indicates that some states will be “Early Implementers” and intend to be operating under the new “Unified Plan” by July 1, 2015, the effective date of the new law. This Guide will be a valuable resource to both State administrators and local providers as they navigate the 811 pages of the WIOA, and the 750 pages of the OMB Omni Circular.
For the first time in the history of federal support for adult literacy, funds are available to support workforce preparation and training activities. The new AEFLA statute breaks down the preexisting silos between adult literacy and workforce training.
The accountability provisions have been completely overhauled. In addition, providers will need to meet the new requirements on performance metrics in the Omni Circular. OMB has also rewritten the regulations on documenting time and effort, inventory controls, procurement, conflicts, false claims certifications, and allowablility of funds for meals, conferences, etc.
- Print edition: $49.95
- Bulk Order (10 or more): $39.95 each
- eBook (iPad/iPhone devices): $21.95
- Combo Pack: $59.95
If you have already placed your order and wish to PAY for it with a credit card, click Here!
If you have any questions regarding the book, please contact us!