Federal Education Legislative Services
The legislative services practice of Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in Washington, D.C. provides the following services to State and local educational agencies and institutions of higher education:
- Timely updates on Congressional actions affecting education, labor, and workforce development laws, as well as Federal grants management policies;
- Information on crucial Federal budget, appropriations, and program allocation issues;
- Legal analyses of the impact of proposed legislation on clients’ interests;Preparation and briefing of clients for meetings with Members of Congress and legislative staff, as well as preparing testimony for Congressional hearings;
- Development of creative legislative solutions to address statutory interpretation or implementation problems and/or particular client issues;
- Facilitating the communication of clients’ policy positions on Capitol Hill and within Washington-based advocacy organizations;
- Monitoring and interpretation of regulatory action from Federal agencies; and
- Facilitating communication between clients and Federal agencies
The Firm tracks significant developments in early education programs like Head Start, technology programs like E-Rate, school nutrition programs administered under the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services, and various other issues that impact schools, districts, and States.
Our lawyers track relevant legislative activity in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, as well as corresponding committees and subcommittees. We continue this legislative tracking, following proposed legislation and analyzing its potential effect on our clients through the conference (where applicable), through a bill’s ultimate enactment, and through the regulatory process.
Our Firm’s extensive practical experience with federal programs includes legislative analysis and drafting, statutory and regulatory analysis, program implementation, and audit preparation and resolutions. Because of this comprehensive background, Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is able to advise clients on various aspects of potential legislation and effectively advocate, where appropriate, for statutory provisions consistent with our clients’ needs.