The BruMan Group
Tiffany Kesslar, Esquire
Tiffany Winters Kesslar joined Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in July 2006. Ms. Kesslar represents clients regarding Federal grants management compliance and assists her clients with both fiscal and programmatic aspects of federal education programs, including the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), amending the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Ms. Kesslar also actively represents clients in the resolution of adverse audit findings and compliance under the Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Grants Guidance (UGG) and other federal administrative regulations, such as the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) and the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR).
Ms. Kesslar regularly serves as a keynote speaker on federal education grants compliance. Ms. Kesslar has developed and conducted trainings, webinars, and audio conferences on federal grants management and the fiscal and programmatic requirements of various federal programs. Ms. Kesslar also conducts mock monitoring and internal control reviews of State agencies, local educational agencies, institutions of higher education and nonprofits for fiscal and programmatic compliance with federal administrative requirements. Additionally, Ms. Kesslar serves on the Board of Directors for the National Grants Management Association.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Kesslar served as a law clerk at the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. Ms. Kesslar graduated cum laude from Clemson University and received her Juris Doctorate from the Catholic University Columbus School of Law. Ms. Kesslar is a member of the U.S. Supreme Court bar and the District of Columbia bar.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 2007
- District of Columbia, 2006
- Maryland, 2004 (inactive)
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, D.C., J.D.
- Honors: National Trials Team Competitor; Moot Court Associate; Extra Mile Award for Outstanding Service to the Law School Community; Student Bar Association Co-Chair.
- Clemson University, Clemson, SC, B.A.
- Major: Political Science Minors: Sociology and Speech and Communications
- Honors: Cum Laude
- IDEA: New Expectations for Schools and Students, 6th Edition, 2018
- Can Title I Pay For This? A Guide to Determining Cost, 2017
- ESSA: Moving Toward a Well-Rounded Title I, 2016
- What Do I Do When… The Answer Book on Fiscal Compliance in Special Education, 2014
- Federal Education Grants Management: What Administrator Need to Know, 5th Edition, 2015
- The New Title I: The Changing Landscape of Accountability, 8th Edition, 2013
Affiliations and Activities:
- National Grants Management Association, Vice President (2018 – current); Member-at-Large (2016 - 2018); Board Member (2014 - Current); Member (2012 - Current)
- American Bar Association, Public Contract Law Section, Grants Law Committee Co-Chair (2018 – Current)
- Association of Government Accountants, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Government Contracts Section, Member
- Hon. Patricia A. Broderick, Superior Court for the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C., Law Clerk, 2004 - 2006
- Columbus Community Legal Services: General Practice Clinic, Washington, D.C., Student Attorney, 2002 - 2003