The BruMan Group
Monica Munin, Esquire
Monica Munin joined Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in February 2017. Ms. Munin assists clients with compliance under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Ms. Munin actively represents charter schools located in the District of Columbia in due process litigation. In addition, Ms. Munin represents clients in matters related to the Office of Civil Rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Munin was a legal intern at Friendship Public Charter School where she assisted on special education due process cases and audited the charter school’s compliance with IDEA, which included developing strategies and tools to improve the school’s compliance. Ms. Munin was also a Judicial Intern at the Prince William County General District Courthouse and a legal intern at Workplace Fairness. During law school Ms. Munin was an accomplished Moot Court competitor and founding member of George Mason Law School’s Latino Law Student Association.
Ms. Munin graduated from George Washington University with a Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs in 2010 and received her J.D. from George Mason University Law School in May 2016. Ms. Munin is admitted to practice law in the District of Columbia. Ms. Munin is a native spanish speaker.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia, 2016
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia, 2019
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D.
- Activities: Student Bar Association President, Latino Law Student Association, Moot Court Board
- George Washington University, Washington, D.C., B.A.
- Major: International Affairs
Affiliations and Activities:
- Alpine Learning Group, Junior Board Member