The BruMan Group
Madelaine M. Cleghorn, Esquire
Madelaine Cleghorn joined Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in June 2021. Ms. Cleghorn assists clients with federal grants management requirements under the Office of Management and Budget’s Uniform Grants Guidance (UGG) and the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR). Ms. Cleghorn advises clients on program compliance under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and the Every Student Succeeds Act and represents public charter schools in the District of Columbia in due process litigation under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Cleghorn worked for Goodwin Procter LLP in the litigation department on cases in several practice areas, including business and commercial, financial industry, and white collar defense. During law school, Ms. Cleghorn worked as a student advocate in the Georgetown University Health Justice Alliance, a medical-legal partnership serving low-income families in the District of Columbia. Ms. Cleghorn also interned with the Cook County Office of the Public Defender in the Juvenile Justice Division. Ms. Cleghorn served as an Annual Review Editor of the Georgetown Journal of Gender and the Law from 2018-2019.
Ms. Cleghorn received her Bachelor’s degree from Grand Valley State University in 2016 and her Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center in 2019. Ms. Cleghorn is a member of the Massachusetts Bar and is eligible by waiver into the District of Columbia Bar.
Ms. Cleghorn is currently supervised by members of the D.C. Bar.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia waiver eligible (supervised by members of the D.C. Bar.)
- Illinois, (application pending)
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, 2020
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2019
- Massachusetts, 2019
- Georgetown University Law center, Washington, D.C., J.D.
- Grand Valley State University, Allendale, MI, B.A.
- Major: Political Science
- Goodwin Procter LLP, Boston, MA Associate, 2019 – 2021
- Georgetown University Law Center Health Justice Alliance, Washington, D.C. Clinic Student Advocate, 2018
- Office of the Cook County Public Defender, Juvenile Justice Division, Chicago, IL Law Clerk, 2017