The BruMan Group
Bonnie Graham, Esquire
Bonnie Little Graham joined Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in 2009. Ms. Graham actively represents federal education grantees and subgrantees in the resolution of adverse audit and program review determinations, false claims act investigations, and other administrative legal actions. Ms. Graham has successfully resolved significant audit findings for her clients through administrative appeal proceedings, as well as through settlement negotiations and cooperative audit resolution techniques. Ms. Graham also works closely with clients on issues pertaining to “high risk” grantee and subgrantee designations, and on cost allocation matters, including indirect cost rate development, negotiation, and application.
Ms. Graham regularly assists her clients with the Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance) and other administrative statutes and regulations, such as the General Education Provisions Act (GEPA) and the Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR), providing workshops and trainings, developing compliant policies and procedures, and reviewing contracts and other grant-related documentation for compliance with federal requirements. Ms. Graham also works with clients on the requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), and Title IV of the Higher Education Act, conducting mock-reviews of program implementation and advising on federal requirements, best practices and allowable flexibilities.
Ms. Graham lives in Alameda, California. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Graham worked as an associate at a corporate firm in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2010
- North Carolina, 2007 (inactive)
- Vanderbilt University Law School, Nashville, TN, J.D.
- Honors: Dean’s List 2004 – 2005; Public Interest Service Award 2005 – 2006
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, B.B.A., B.A.
- Major: Finance, Public Relations
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson, P.A., Associate, 2007 – 2009
Affiliations and Activities:
- American Bar Association, Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice
- Federal Education Grants Management: What Administrator’s Need to Know, 4th Edition, 2012