What Do You Need To Know To Be Compliant with Perkins V?
May 11, 2020
Steven Spillan and Michael Brustein of the BRUMAN team will be offering two workshops on May 11 at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville as pre-sessions for NACTEI. The morning session, held from 8:30 AM to noon, will concentrate on key issues related to Perkins V implementation and will be led by Michael Brustein.
The morning session will cover:
- The importance of the CLNA and how it drives budget decisions
- Strategies for reducing the performance gaps
- A focus on the non-supplant provision in light of expanded allowable activities
- The re-emergence of attention to the special populations and equal access provisions
- The cross-walk to ESEA and WIOA
- The new responsibilities of the State Education Agency in light of the UGG, Coastal Counties case, and new Compliance Supplement
- The use of Perkins funds for assessments and consumables
- The use of Perkins funds for CTSOs and limitations for social activities, jackets, etc.
- The allowability for out of pocket expenses
- The use of Perkins funds for meals
The afternoon session, being held from 1:00 to 4:30 PM, will focus on how the cost and administrative requirements of EDGAR and the Uniform Grant Guidance apply to Perkins V and will be led by Steven Spillan.
The afternoon EDGAR/UGG session will cover:
- New flexibilities for capturing time and effort
- Most recent changes to procurement
- Required policies and procedures
- How to identify and reduce risk
- New pass-through monitoring requirements under the UGG
- What are the burdens to ensure vendors are not debarred/suspended
- A review of the new federal data requirements
- A tutorial on confidentiality/privacy laws
Both attorneys will be involved in both the morning and afternoon sessions. A cocktail reception will follow from 5:00 to 6:30 PM to allow us to answer questions in a more informal session. The fee is $250 per session, or a total of $400 for both. Attendees in the morning session will receive an excerpted version of Perkins V, as amended in February 2019. Attendees in the afternoon session will receive the new EDGAR.
Registration will open soon!