Conferences & Workshops
NACTEI 2020 Pre-Sessions Virtual Trainings
What Do You Need To Know To Be Compliant with Perkins V?
Unfortunately, in light of the current situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC believes it is in the best interest of our clients' and attendees' health and well-being to cancel our May 11 pre-sessions at NACTEI's Annual Conference in Nashville, TN. Instead, we will be offering the same two pre-sessions through virtual trainings on May 11 & 12, 2020.
The May 11, 2020 session will cover:
- The importance of the CLNA and how it drives budget decisions
- Strategies for reducing performance gaps
- A focus on the non-supplant provision in light of expanded allowable activities
- The re-emergence of attention to the special populations and equal access provisions
- The cross-walk to ESEA and WIOA
- The new responsibilities of the State Education Agency in light of the UGG, Coastal Counties case, and new Compliance Supplement
- The use of Perkins funds for assessments and consumables
- The use of Perkins funds for CTSOs and limitations for social activities, jackets, etc.
- The allowability for out of pocket expenses
- The use of Perkins funds for meals
The May 12, 2020 session will cover:
- New flexibilities for capturing time and effort
- Most recent changes to procurement
- Required policies and procedures
- How to identify and reduce risk
- New pass-through monitoring requirements under the UGG
- What are the burdens to ensure vendors are not debarred/suspended
- A review of the new federal data requirements
- A tutorial on confidentiality/privacy laws