Federal Education Legislative Services
The legislative services practice of Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC in Washington, D.C. provides the following services to State and local educational agencies:
- Timely updates on Congressional actions affecting education, labor, and workforce development laws, as well as Federal grants management policies.
- Information on crucial Federal budget, appropriations, and program allocation issues.
- Legal analyses of the impact of proposed legislation on clients’ interests.
- Preparation and briefing of clients for meetings with Members of Congress and legislative staff, as well as preparing testimony for Congressional hearings.
- Development of creative legislative solutions to address recurring problems and/or particular client issues.
- Facilitating the communication of clients’ policy positions on Capitol Hill and within Washington-based advocacy organizations.
Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is a non-partisan firm with more than 20 years of legal experience relating to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, now known as the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act, the Individuals With Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA or IDEA), the Higher Education Act (HEA) and workforce development programs such as the Workforce Investment Act, the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, and the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act.
Our lawyers track relevant legislative activity on Capitol Hill. For the programs that affect our clients, we track activities in the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate, as well as activities in the corresponding committees and subcommittees. We continue this legislative tracking, analyzing its potential effect on our clients, through the conference (where applicable), and through the bill’s ultimate enactment.
Our Firm’s extensive practical experience with federal programs includes legislative analysis and drafting, statutory and regulatory analysis, program implementation, and audit preparation and resolution. Because of this comprehensive background, Brustein & Manasevit, PLLC is able to advise clients on various aspects of potential legislation and effectively advocate, where appropriate, for statutory provisions consistent with our clients’ needs.